Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix for you to listen, MY FIRST MIX EVER!
(25-01-2016, 03:21 AM)Shul Wrote: You mean the grungy guitars at 2:20? No it's in my mix too.. but that was too overpowering for me so what I did was lower some lows(rumbling lows) and left the bright distortion intact. I then lowered the volume to were you barely feel it in the mix, but it's there. You are right it did take too much space for me and from my perspective the strings were very important in this song so the less fight between frequencies for the strings the better. That's why I turned them down but they are still there.

Listening to your mix in my studio headphones now it sound a lot better!Smile It's a good mix the only thing that stands out to me is that first electric guitar in the beginning but what Mr. Drapper said is right. A character choice. If you felt that guitar had to be that loud to make a first impact then it's perfect Smile

Again, this is a good mix! keep it up Smile

I didn't heard them first time but now I hear it, it's very subtle sitting in the back. Man mixing is quite something, I get it now why some mixers and bands dont get well together sometimes, there is so much choices to make. So much to learn!

thanks for your comments Shul

I'm heading to make Bravestar - Downtempo!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix for you to listen, MY FIRST MIX EVER! - by Mat397 - 25-01-2016, 04:20 AM