Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SergeiK mix
Lovely round bass sound you've got going here, and while it might be a little overblown in the grand scheme of things, it certainly helps to fill out this track. You've also gone for a generally smoother upper midrange compared with the preview mix, which is no bad thing (with hindsight this isn't one of my favourite Mix Rescue remixes sonically speaking). If I were going to pick holes at all, I maybe say that the snare feels a bit slender, and while this isn't necessarily a problem during the verses, it does come across as rather underwhelming during the choruses. I reckon I might look at layering in a new sample for the choruses if I approached this mix again. The kick could probably have a bit more oomph there too, somehow, and that would help the mix's long-term dynamics a bit as well.

Speaking of which, it's the long-term dynamics that are the trickiest element of this mix in my view, and although you've managed the verse-chorus transition pretty well, there are occasions where the mix feels like it's treading water a bit, and I can feel my easily-bored mind beginning to drift off into thoughts of what I'm going to have for lunch. Smile In this sense, I reckon you could probably afford to take more liberties with the arrangement to keep the listener engaged. That said, I do like the longer build-up of backing vocals during the middle section -- the way you pull out the top line at the centre during the second half of that really works for me, nicely judged.

Messages In This Thread
SergeiK mix - by SergeiK - 24-06-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: SergeiK mix - by ThePhonk - 24-06-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: SergeiK mix - by uzilevi - 25-06-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: SergeiK mix - by Mike Senior - 27-06-2012, 01:15 PM