Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James May: Hold On You - Headphone mix (semi-professional)
Hi guys,

Here's my mix of Hold On You done on my laptop with AKG K701 headphones for monitoring. No drum sound replacement was used. This is a 100% organic mix using only the supplied material.

As I do this kind of for a living the mix should be pretty solid but I need some feedback because I'm setting up my mobile rig and am trying to transition to mixing on headphones (yeah I know, it's a challenge). Feel free to comment if you think some levels are off or if some frequencies are sticking out.

This was a purely technical exercise for me so don't expect too much "art" from the mix. It's very simple with only the basics. EQ, compression and reverb + chorus/modulation fx for depth placement of the elements. A lot more could be done to the mix in terms of automation and adding feel to the song with additional FX but I wanted to get the basics done. I'm most interested in translation over various playback systems so let me know how it sounds over various speakers.

.mp3    James May - Hold On You.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Messages In This Thread
James May: Hold On You - Headphone mix (semi-professional) - by bmanic - 28-12-2015, 01:39 AM