Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (roadtrip, in car mixing challenge)
(12-11-2015, 09:20 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Damn! Great mix, you really have a great sound going on there. The bass is really smooth and full but doesn't interfere with the kick which really gives this mix a very solid low end. The vocals have a nice pure sound to them, warm and rich but still present and forward with just the right amount of Reverb. The only problem I can hear is that the solo guitars are a touch low in the mix, more specifically the electric guitar. I would say automate the lead guitars up to the level of the lead vocal when the solo hits and add a touch more reverb to really fill it out.The snare could benefit from being higher in the mix and having some low end turned down 1.5-2 dB. The rest of the mix is spot on and really doesn't really need much polish at all. Killer job especially in your mix environment!

Hey!
Thanks for listening, nice to have feedback already! You're absolutely right about the lead guitars, I noticed that to myself also, when I listened this from my studio monitors back at home, but I didn't want to change anything after leaving the car. Smile And now that you mentioned, the snare is maybe a little bit mushy, or it is just now in my head since you said so. Tongue I'm also a big fan of low tuned snares, so might be a bad habit peeking its head out on that part of the mix. Big Grin Anyways again, thank you very much from your feedback and I'm glad you liked it! Smile

- Ronnie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (roadtrip, in car mixing challenge) - by ronniehiiri - 13-11-2015, 09:24 AM