Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (roadtrip, in car mixing challenge)
First of all, hi everybody!

This is my first ever post here so yea'!

A little brief to this mix:

I was on a roadtrip and wanted to give myself a challenge and try something new. My mission was to see how can I mix this song in the backseat of this sedan on a 3 hour noisy and pumpy trip using only a pair of headphones and basic stock Logic Pro X plugins that comes with it.
So my time was limited as much as my tools and mixing environment. Usually when I mix with headphones I have some reference tracks to keep 'specially the bass in control, but this time i didn't even have that, so this was a very unfamiliar mixing process. Of course that three hours i got wasn't enough so it's not polished, but I still want to share this mix for you to see how I accomplished this little task I gave to myself. So here you go!

Note: Only thing I did after the trip and before posting was that i used a limiter just to make the mix a little bit louder and more audible for you. I set the limiter so its not doing any attenuation, just volume boost. So this is an unmastered mix. Smile

I don't know if I'm going to get back to this and finish this someday since I have so much stuff to do, but at the end of the day this was fun and something new for me to do, to keep things interesting. I can fully recommend you guys to every now and then if you just have the time to try something way different than what you usually do. It's refreshing and you can even learn some new tricks when you are more limited than usually.

Thank you if you read this all!

- Ronnie

.mp3    Angels In Amp - I\'m Alright (roadtripmix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (roadtrip, in car mixing challenge) - by ronniehiiri - 12-11-2015, 05:39 PM