Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In water Mix by Ak3r
Out of the mixes I've heard so far I'd this probably the best one. A competent straightforward mix where you didn't seriously f**k up anything.

If you could figure out a way to pull the weight of the kick drum lower, that's something to look out for. You could try to cut some of the higher low end (100-150Hz) and go through the polarities once more in order to see if one of room mics are eating the lowest end away (the kick vs room mics seems be such a hassle in this one).

There's not much you can do about the snare. You could try to distort it ever so slightly in order to get some edge out of it and put whatever compression you had on it post distortion.

I like the prominent guitars. However I feel they're a tad thin. This was one the weird cases where you had to boost the bottom end of the guitars to get the bottom end glue with the midrange.

You could get away with much much more assertive compression on the vocals. FYI: lot of rock hits are mixed with vocals compressed with an 1176 with a slow-ish attack and fastest release Wink De-essing is pretty much mandatory after it though so don't stress about using it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In water Mix by Ak3r - by Spede - 20-10-2015, 03:08 PM