Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Through my Eyes" through my ears
(24-07-2015, 12:44 AM)Bold Beagle Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 11:46 AM)PeterEkberg Wrote: I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained.

The key to comfortably using a compressor is to identify the problem you're trying to solve. If you know exactly why you need or want to use a compressor, then deciding on settings is much easier.

Think about what your instincts are telling you. If you can't find a fader level that feels right, get it as close as you can and think about WHY it still doesn't feel right. If it's poking out and distracting you in short bursts, think about fast attack/release settings and a high threshold, for instance. For something like a bass guitar that isn't maintaining a stable low end for more than a moment, slower settings and a lower threshold make more sense.

Once you get that worked out, how much compression is really just a matter of what it takes to solve the problem... there's no right answer. Just as often, personal taste is the biggest deciding factor.

Thank You Beagle for this advice. It sounds really as a good rule. I will keep that in mind from now. Appreciate it very much.
Best Wishes
/P

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 08-07-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by PeterEkberg - 24-07-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by Gexx - 09-07-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: "Through my Eyes" through my ears - by thedon - 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM