Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren - Dance mix
Firstly, nice work and I do agree with thedon in that the kick/bass element is very effective. I quite like your snare also. Here's my comments on some other elements of your mix:

- mono playback is great, but apart from an additional hihat and the electric guitars, I don't hear much going on at the edges of the stereo spectrum when listening in stereo. You mentioned you were afraid to work with some of the stereo stems, don't be afraid of anything here! Give it a go, we are always learning and be bold!
- The pre-chorus tends to disappear a bit and doesn't build up to your chorus which you have clearly put some good work into. The modulated vocal effect you have used in the pre-chorus is a good idea, it just needs some more presence and width.
- the hihats become quite fatiguing after a while and could benefit from a slight level drop and perhaps some De-Essing to remove the harshness.
- the breakdown "come to me's" that start around the 4min mark are over compressed and too poppy for my ears. The original versions are already quite compressed, however your choice of EQ decisions are good and bring up the presence nicely.
- If you are planning to get into mixing, it's probably important to note that unless you were requested to by the client, you would never add a production element (i.e. the guitar solo). Your solo tonally speaking does sit well in the mix in this instance though, so cool idea.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

Mick

Messages In This Thread
Siren - Dance mix - by GPassarelli - 24-06-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: Siren - Dance mix - by thedon - 24-06-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Siren - Dance mix - by mick2015 - 24-06-2015, 12:38 PM