Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Chudziak - 'Children of No-one' mix
(24-06-2015, 02:31 AM)Audiomuze Wrote: Great tracks to work with, nicely recorded

it sounds like you've over compressed everything; it's suffocating.

might be a good idea to revisit your compressors and back them right off....or even ask yourself if compression was necessary? there's no attack here. the whole thing is pumping about all over the place which might point towards a dodgy stereo buss.

without hearing the mix on it's own, it's difficult to be of any assistance.

i'd have preferred some kind of change in the transitions between verse and chorus. they kind of passed me by sonically in the form of a solid lump, so to speak?

you need to differentiate the kick from the bass guitar...they are toughing it out around the fundamental. actually, i'd revisit the low-mids with a view to getting better clarity here. the tracking of the guitars was super and we had a lot of opportunity to blend them to good effect without bloat.

if you flick the mix to mono, it totally collapses....that's masking.

there's a lot of distortion going on here too....i don't think the song needs degrading to this extent! perhaps that's a subjective opinion Wink

lots to do....but looking forward to the revision, this is a nice song to indulge in. i think you need to immerse yourself in the emotion and focus your attention on keeping it going Big Grin

this thing's clipping it's butt off too, eh?

i'm struggling to find some good things to say...sorry. but keep your chin up, yeah?

catch ya laters..

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Chudziak - 'Children of No-one' mix - by The_Metallurgist - 24-06-2015, 05:00 PM