Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Chudziak - 'Children of No-one' mix
Disclaimer, it's late where I live so I'm on the cans. Listening as I type:

Intro sounds great, great blend of FX and lead guitars. Very appropriate to my ears.

The vocal sounds a bit distant and obscured by the guitars on occasion in the choruses, maybe a little wet relative to the other elements. Reducing the level of the long hall(?) reverb across the mix would result in improved clarity if that's your aim, but also a more modern sound. For me it makes sense to add or increase the level of a short ambience reverb relative to the longer verb for improved blending without losing the great sense of space.

I think your mix would improve from some level automation on key elements, like the lead guitar starting around 2:40 and the occasional obscured vocal.

Very few complaints, though... I see subtle opportunities for improvement in additional level automation/compression on lead elements for more presence, and some pruning of the frequency content in your ambience/reverb/delays to open up the mix a bit. Perhaps a bit more of an aggressive bite would suit the emotion of the piece as well, but that's subjective. A great sound overall. Thanks for sharing.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Chudziak - 'Children of No-one' mix - by pauli - 24-06-2015, 04:34 AM