Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - OneChosen2 Mix
(22-04-2015, 08:43 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Ben
I Like your mix better than mine,I need to do a remix after listening to yours !
Being BRUTAL and really critical lol ,a couple of things that come to mind while listening ,I think the lead vocals could come up maybe just a db or 2 and Maybe a slight dip 2-3 db at 11-12 k to tame the cymbals/hi hat as jumping out in some parts in the Chorus.
I'm Wondering how a Subtle room mastering reverb would sound to give your great mix some more space ?
Good Job Big Grin

Thanks Man!!! And thanks for the input!
I think you are definitely right about the reverb. After listening to your mix, mine seems to be lacking a certain "live room" quality. Your's definitely retains more of the live feel that mine is missing. I also think you're right about the cymbals - the drummer really starts nailing that ride during the end of the song (sheesh). I had a guy at my school suggest that I mixed the kick a little to hot, and upon another listen, i agree. That might be burying the vocal a bit. I had boosted the vocal presence range up a bit more until my final listen, but decided to bring it back a touch... oh well. Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - OneChosen2 Mix - by OneChosen2 - 23-04-2015, 06:44 AM