Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix
Hi guys
This song are extremely well performance and record. I felt the vibe. Really good vocal and bass performance. It was a very fun song to mix.
I couldn't find the tempo anywhere so I will tell the future mixers it is 99.25. I did not use any of the drums rooms included. I recreate my own space. Snare and toms need some peak control. I used different compression stages and limiter to control them. Some automation too. Snare is full of resonance. I used multiband compressor to suck them out around 400 to 900 Hz. I then used 3 or 4 notch filters. I use only samples in the kick. I felt it needs more attack and I couldn't get it of the raw track. I didn't use snare samples in this one. I use RBass to give the bass a lot of deep and fat sound and be heard in small speaker easily. I think this song recalls for that sub bass sound. Same with the raw kick.
I mult the vocals by each song structure part: verse, prechorus and chorus. I treat them separately with delays and reverbs. Much wet in choruses. Much dry in verses. Final lead vocal phrases are very dramatic and full of emotions so I wet them more.

That was the summary in the mixing stage =)

I mastered today. I used a tiny amount of reverb to gain more glue. Then I compressed it allowing 2dB of GR. I felt it needs some warmth in the mids, so I did a small boost there. Boost some highs and lows too to gain more clarity and deep. I used some tracks of King of Leon and Muse to check my tonal balance. Before EQ I use a softclipper and then the L2 to get a decent loud performance. Some Nebula programs are in there too to warmth the track it ala analog way.

Please feel free to comment.

----------------------
Edit:
v2.0 has been uploaded with some little tweaks. Snare and kick were reprocessed and parallel compression too to give more open sound and cut better. Bass was raise a 1/4 of dB. BG vocals were down and chorus vocals up.

v3.0. More tweaks. I wake up this morning feeling it needs a few little adjustment in balance and tonal shapping. Hope v3.0 is better than v1.0 for you guys.
I will move on to the next project.
Greetings.

.mp3    The Brew - What I want Final Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    The Brew - What I want Final master v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    The Brew - What I want Final Master v3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.

Messages In This Thread
The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix - by Juanra Ortiz - 07-03-2013, 06:49 AM