Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sugar -Analog mix
Hi!

I did check out these mixes the other day, but forgot to leave a comment Blush. Mix 2 is sounding quite nice here.

Yeah, mix 2 is much better balanced to me. I do like the snare in the first mix though. The kick sound is really nice in the second.

Interesting to hear analog mixes on here. I've never used any analog gear, apart from an old Moog synth I acquired some years ago. Which mostly sits on a shelf awaiting motivation to renovate/replace the sliders....

I know exactly what you mean regarding cutting low end and getting thin mixes, etc.

My mixes mainly suck, but I do find it helpful to think about it more in terms of utilising the kick and bass for the low end of the other instruments to get the right low end feel, if that makes sense? Have the kick bass and for example, the guitar playing, then set the high pass until the guitar sounds about right, sort of thing. That, and referencing other similar tracks too. A small amount of Pultec style eq on the master bus can also be useful to add some weight too, almost like a parallel chain - add too much then dial it back until it's just kind of there works for me on occasion. Probably all obvious stuff, but took me a while to figure out.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Sugar -Analog mix - by Analog Dude - 12-08-2020, 09:52 AM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by Analog Dude - 13-08-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by bbenderr - 14-08-2020, 07:21 PM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by Analog Dude - 15-08-2020, 06:43 PM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by mikej - 15-08-2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by Analog Dude - 17-08-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Sugar -Analog mix - by mikej - 18-08-2020, 11:48 AM