Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silona - Learning How to Fly
(14-07-2020, 11:40 AM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Just let us know about what you did for the mix without being judgmental of the previous work. We get all kinds of productions, and all are welcome in my opinion.
It's always interesting to listen to a mix having an idea of what the mixer was going for, or some techniques that he or she used for this or that element to work in a specific way.

About your mix, I like the sound of the drums, warm and full, if anything, a little on the dry side but coherent with the general mix. I don't know what was going on with the bass before, but now it sounds in place to me. The other elements of the mix don't get in the way and the voice is always under control.

Cheers, thanks !    Yeah, you're right ...  it's a craft, house painters paint the house regardless of how we feel about the architecture.    I don't want to be construed of sitting in judgment of a singer's talent or a songwriter's creation when what I'm listening for is what sounds are on the tracks.     I just finished Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done to Me and found it a lot more work than the Silona but again, fantastic tracking, great instrumentalists.   This site is just turning out to be such a great resource, I'm having a blast.
boomaga  (Drew Perkins)
MTSU Mass Comm Recording Industry, BS in Audio Recording Production & Tech, 2004
 using Cubase 10

Gear List

Messages In This Thread
Silona - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 13-07-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by Roy - 13-07-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 14-07-2020, 05:33 AM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 08-08-2020, 06:40 AM
RE: Silona - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 24-07-2020, 03:35 AM