Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silona - Learning How to Fly
Couldn't the same be said for the original product? I'd venture there was way more time put into the recording and decisions than this mix. And yet you did take the time to bring down all of the choices regarding micing and tracks and tuning. So one could do the same for the mix.

Here's my critiques of the mix:

The fade in feels weird and changes the timing of the song. The "one" gets lost and makes the intro awkward. I miss the drum machine elements and the switch at the b verse feels a bit weird. It sort of works but then going into verse 2 highlights how "thick" things sound and nothing feels coherent.

The 'chorus' pulls the rug out for the listener and they need that release. The edits remove important elements for the song.

The bass guitar is very dominant and needs some lower mid cuts. It's 'tubby'

The lead vocal has a bit too much low end and could be more airy.

There's a lot of supporting elements that seem to be missing. I get trimming the fat but there's parts that help move the song along that aren't there.

For a song about flying it never gets off the ground. Intentionally and that's the biggest offense. You made choices and I applaud that but none seem to support the song. It feels like editing to remove as oppose to be concise. There's musical and harmonic pieces missing. I miss the piano. I miss some of the synths. It doesn't feel coherent. I can't say I care about the about of time put into mixing. As a listener it's not moving.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Silona - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 13-07-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by Roy - 13-07-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 14-07-2020, 05:33 AM
RE: Silone - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 08-08-2020, 06:40 AM
RE: Silona - Learning How to Fly - by boomaga - 24-07-2020, 03:35 AM