Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - You Me And The Radio
Hey, thanks for checking back.

A 2nd opinion is much appreciated when you're kind of losing perspective a bit. Listening to Maroon 5 helped too I think, heh.

I wasn't sure if the kick in v3 was too much or not? Listening to some of my other mixes I feel I have probably been a bit shy in getting the thump in the kick and bass maybe?

As an aside, I mostly mixed v3 on a pair of the cheaper akg 240 I picked up a few months ago as they were half price or something. Not really tried mixing on them before but it seems they translate ok for me. They seem quite revealing in the low mids I think. I have beyer 880? and sennheiser hd25s, but haven't had that much luck mixing with either really. I found 880's really easy to well over do the bass on, and the hd25's lack a bit of stereo depth, they sound a bit mono-ish.

Anyway - I shall check the bass again (I should probably actually switch on the sub perhaps...). I think I did a big cut around 200ish, but I shall have a sweep around. You were right to suggest there should be more. I lowered it the mix because I hated the boominess, and it was easier to do that than attempt to fix it I suppose haha.

Yeah, maybe I picked the wrong track to practice a more sort of clean mix on. I just used a delay on the vocal, rather than reverb as something to try out. I maybe could try reverb, and maybe a touch more on the drums also. I dunno, it kind of makes it more modern with the kick and bass, and less reverb, but maybe it does want to be a bit more 80's sounding perhaps?

I should probably go watch that Tony Maserati video now.

Thanks again.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 17-06-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by Roy - 18-06-2020, 12:04 AM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 18-06-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 18-06-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by Roy - 18-06-2020, 05:02 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 18-06-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by Roy - 18-06-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 18-06-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: Human Radio - You Me And The Radio - by mikej - 20-04-2021, 08:07 PM