Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve - Living lie (Buddaka mix/master)
Thanks for mixing the track Buddaka - having a listen now

- like your mix vision - definitely a rock attitude, but also with a lot of atmosphere
- kick drum - 1 of the 2 main points I would make - try playing with the time alignment of this track with the room or overheads - which ever is the prominent one in your mix - I think you will get a more solid kick sound out of the deal - without the time alignment, it sounds a little bit like a flam to me.
- also take a listen to the kick when it comes in vs. the space on the other elements - feels stark to me. Taste comment.
- limiting - I think you are losing a bit of impact in the bridge and chorus - I feel the restraint of the limiter somehow. I am not an expert in this area, but wondering if some master bus compression and a little less limiting would help the dynamics out a bit
- really digging the "jam" vibe of the mix
- vocal seems well treated - I am assuming some automation is in there - hearing it well
- middle section is cool - like it
- outro - like the jam vibe again. Take a closed eye listen to the cymbals in the balance - they feel prominent to me and the lead guitar feels pushed back.

Thanks again for mixing our song - I hope these observations are helpful !

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nerve - Living lie (Buddaka mix/master) - by ThomasStevenson - 17-06-2020, 09:04 PM