Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
(10-09-2013, 11:12 PM)sphil14 Wrote: Gerrit:

Overall, a really good mix. One thing I would suggest is bring you bass in towards the center to help anchor the song along with the kick. It sounds like you've got some stereo doubling going on with the bass and it's dragging a lot of the low end out to the sides. You might even try a two track approach to the bass. Keep one channel unprocessed (doubling, etc.) and set another channel with your doubling but roll some low end off so you get the tone and feel of the bass with losing the center.

Hi there

Thank you very much!

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I added a stereo spreader to the bass track, and to be honest I had a feeling that it's not going to "add" to the mix, but I did it anyway.
On it's own the bass track sounds interesting with the stereo spreader applied, but now that I've listened to the whole mix with the stereo spreader disabled, there's more definition.
It also made the kick stand out more. I think the spreader was making everything muddy.

I'll definitely try doubling the bass and adding the fx to the aux, rather than on the original track.

Once again, thanks for the great advice.
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.

Messages In This Thread
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by Gerrit - 29-08-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mange - 09-09-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mange - 10-09-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by Gerrit - 11-09-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by Lammy - 11-09-2013, 11:29 PM