Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to Mike Senior and his piece on mono mixing in SOS
Thank you for your time.

It is a bit of an odd tune. It really is nothing but 2½ minuttes in your face at 100mph.

About the process, I mixed, as you guessed, with a mono plugin and did the panning anyway, because I knew that end end result was going to be in stereo.

I probably have buried the vocal a little too much. I heard it too, when I listened to it again.

I have like 8 FX buses running parallel with the vocal tracks, so they probably generates some mid build up.

About the mids ... I find it to be a tricky balance, because on one hand I want the vocals to be crystal clear, but without giving up too much body, and on the other hand, I don't want to to be too 2k-ish, so it's ... I don't really have a recipie, I just turn the knobs until it feels sorta right, so there's really no equality when thinking about the result. In general I aim to do as little EQ as possible, and try very hard to spend as little time EQ'ing as possible, because ... basically I find that it's really not that important. Basically all I aim to do EQ-wise is to "remove the towel", and bring forward some clearity.
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thanks to Mike Senior and his piece on mono mixing in SOS - by Krabbe - 01-06-2020, 02:40 PM