Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9 - Living Lie (M&F)
Hi Digitaldruglord - thanks for mixing our track! I just had a listen through - really nice job - it's really one of my favourite mixes so far. I have a few comments as I listened through - most are minor in nature and likely subjective too.

- intro is really nice both in terms of atmosphere and the balance between the verse guitar and vocal. Really loving the vocal effects - I'll ask you a cheeky question about the approach you took between reverb and delay - whatever it is, I like the recipe a lot
- drums sounds really great. It would be nice to have a little more space or room added to them, but a subjective comment, as it may be part of your mix vision. A little more blend of some kind might tuck them in a tad more.
- chorus impact was great. In my own mix, I did have a multiband compressor to reduce the 3-5kHz region, namely in the chorus, as otherwise it was hard to balance. The vocal really opens up effects wise in the chorus and it made me pay attention.
- middle lead guitar part. The lead part felt a little darker eq-wise to me which pushed it back a little in the soundscape. Perhaps a little more volume on it and/or high-end would remedy. Subjective comment again.
- Loved the middle section - prominent whisper part and the time you took to automate the panning of the slide guitar (ghostly part through effects). Really effective ear candy.
- Background vocal treatment was great - enjoyed the slight flange on it.
- I was noticing in the chorus' that the lead vocal could use a touch more high end - or a touch less de-ess or something of that nature. Minor point.
- Outro was great for me - lots of energy to conclude.

Thanks again for mixing our song - thought your mix was great - an enjoyable listen, so thanks for sharing. I hope some of these observations are helpful to you.

Best regards,

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
Nerve 9 - Living Lie (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 24-05-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: Nerve 9 - Living Lie (M&F) - by Roy - 24-05-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: Nerve 9 - Living Lie (M&F) - by ThomasStevenson - 24-05-2020, 08:48 PM