Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilenceIsNear_TheForthcomingTurn_vanbasMix
Hello!
I think that you have been heavy handed on the suggestions that I made. Now the hi hat has almost completely disappeared from the song, as well as the arrangement parts.
I suggest finding a sweet spot for volume between your first and further mixes would be an improvement to these elements.
And note that reverb on the "synth" and strings parts is way too present, which bring the sensation that the sounds are coming from a mile away. Be more gentle with reverb so that it does not sound so obvious.

On your last mix, you tried to boost the low frequencies, but now it seems that the bass is too boomy, and covers the kick energy (at least in the beginning of the song). I honestly prefer the balance on the second mix for that specific point. I see what you intended here, to give your mix a bit more of power in it, but boosting the low end would not end fulfill that goal., and I can't seem to find a proper way to do it...

If you have the time, watch tutorials online on mixing, and learn the basics of EQing and compressing. By watching others working and teaching these elements you can get a better understanding of the philosophy of mixing, which , as perceive, is tiny improvements on each track to bring coherency on the whole, and not much of big gaps, though it depends on the audio quality of the original recording.

Don't be discouraged though! Mixing is a long journey, but the more you practice, including different songs and styles, the more it will become clearer to you. At least, even if I'm still struggling with mixing in general, I know where and how to start. It feels like you're lost in a jungle with a knife, instead of being barehanded and blindfolded Big Grin

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: SilenceIsNear_TheForthcomingTurn_vanbasMix - by registered - 11-05-2020, 08:28 AM