Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These are very nice tracks, but dang, it was a tough one
(24-04-2020, 02:07 PM)RoyM Wrote: I only gave it a brief listen because I need a break this stuff. Plus I just woke up. That said, I think it sounds good, in general. There seems to be some phase issues that make the drums feel a little...something. Wide isn't the right adjective. The snare just feels like it's 'everywhere' as opposed to a point in space, if that makes sense. The same with the chorus guitars too but I'm not sure why. They're a little too thick and lower midrangy.
It all works. I don't dislike listening to it. The average listener would probably love it. There are subtle but tasteful effects that support but not get in the way. It's a tricky song for some reason. I wish the chorus went up a level in energy and excitement but I always say that. I wish guitar 2 played more of a part in the mix in the chorus but that's just an issue I have. I have started Guitar 2 Anonymous but I'm the only one who shows up. And it's not very anonymous if I'm being honest. I get the fade, it can be more musical. Hope that helps but I'm probably just rambling.
Before I forget, a more musical fade? I'm intrigued ... Please, do tell me more, what do you mean by that?
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
RE: These are very nice tracks, but dang, it was a tough one - by Krabbe - 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM