Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix
Hi vanbas - thanks for mixing our track ! Here are some comments as I listen through (2-1)

- like the intro guitar treatment - has some width and interest while letting the vocal shine
- drums. I am hearing quite a bit of snare bottom - would love to hear the snare with a bit more power
- love the bridge guitar treatment, and I am the guitar player Smile As mentioned in the previous line, I think there is opportunity to improve the drum support
- chorus lead vocal. Now sounds a bit dull/muddy. Treated differently? The vocals feel pushed back in the mix as a result.
- wondering if the chorus is hitting the master bus limiter pretty hard (?) - something feels restrained and impact lost
- creative choice on the distorted bass in the middle section
- lead guitar too far back. Rhythm guitars are the featured instrument as a result.
- bass guitar fills are getting lost a bit - some automation to bring them up or parallel distortion track to automate.
- mix pulls left for me at the chorus parts. Left rhythm guitar could just be brighter, or a result of the limiter (?)

Thanks again for mixing our track - I hope these notes are helpful. Some are subjective - I would personally put most emphasis on improving the lead vocal (check vs the reference mix or other commercial mixes) and pulling back on the limited.

BR

Thomas
-

Messages In This Thread
Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by vanbas - 23-04-2020, 02:07 AM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by vanbas - 23-04-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by ThomasStevenson - 24-04-2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by vanbas - 26-04-2020, 02:20 PM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by vanbas - 27-04-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by Krabbe - 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
RE: Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix - by vanbas - 05-05-2020, 09:54 PM