Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie' Crownoise mix
Hi crownoise

Thanks for mixing our track ! I will note down some stream of consciousness observations below as I listen through
- vocal part seems to be ducking the intro guitar? Or the limiter? Something is being hit too hard here, as it is really noticeable.
- vocal delay choice is a bit prominent and distracting for me - make it a bit more subtle?
- snare is a bit low in the balance
- like the effect you added to the arpeggiated bridge guitar
- chorus impact is getting lost I THINK due to the first limiter comment I made. The band gets louder when the vocals stop.
- lead guitar needs some kind of sustain element - some delay added or something like that
- bass guitar is pushing my sub pretty hard - perhaps a quick reference vs another like track?
- a few crackles - is that the gate plug in?
- bridge section is nice
- some off the bass fills are getting lost - perhaps to bass balance comment above, some more definition frequencies, less sub

I hope this is helpful - I think the key thing for me is fixing both the "ducking" effect that is happening and bringing the sub frequencies in check. Were you referencing a particular track?

BR

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nerve 9: 'Living Lie' Crownoise mix - by ThomasStevenson - 19-04-2020, 10:00 PM