Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Garrido: 'Scarlett'_mix Tommy Marcinek
(09-04-2020, 04:45 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Had a quick listen.

For me also this mix does sound too 'pumpy' and energetic. This is supposed to be a more chilled and relaxing style, no? Latin Jazz & Easy Listening? For me anyway I feel it is a touch too much energy here. I also feel that the slightly electronic sound is part and parcel of the genre too. Not sure that the drums not sounding natural is an issue.

It's quite tough to get the right balance I think for this genre. My attempt at this needs to be a lot more laid back too I feel. Did you check out any of the musc/videos on his web page? Pretty cool stuff I thought.

Anyway, you have a mix of opinion here, not sure it helps much to add my thoughts Smile.

Take care.

Cheers!

-------------
Mike,

Yes, I agree with much of what you said. I was just experimenting to see what I could "create" from these tracks/song. I am currently mixing a project for a latin jazz artist and he likes the heavy energy in the genre....of course neither he nor I are Latino and so our "ears" are accustomed to our western energy in our modern music. Just some of my own thoughts on the whole subject.

Later,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie Garrido: 'Scarlett'_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 09-04-2020, 06:39 PM