Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Garrido: 'Scarlett'_mix Tommy Marcinek
(08-04-2020, 08:13 PM)vitorrls Wrote: Hey man... in my opinion its way too much compressed. I can hear the pumping triggered by the drums in a not very pleasant way... nice vibe though!

--------------------------
No, what you hear is side-chain ducking of the synth pad which I did purposely to create that pumping. The pumping is only on the pad, nothing else. If you heard it, then I accomplished what I intended. I wanted to see how that technique (used mainly in Dance/Club music) would sound in this genre. It is questionable whether it is good or bad. Frankly, I myself, after hearing my own mix, question whether it works to do something positive to the mix or not. But, I appreciate your observation and thanks for your input.

Tom
P.S. If you are not familiar with the technique here is a brief explanation: First, according to the locked timing of the song I created a dummy kick track where the kick only hits on quarter notes. Then I set the track "pre-fade" (not post-fade) and turn the volume all the way down on it so it doesn't play in the song. Then you take a compressor on the synth pad track, click on the side chain option, and then adjust the compressor to taste for the amount of "ducking" you want to pad to do which is "triggered" by the side chain kick track. That's how it's done.

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie Garrido: 'Scarlett'_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 09-04-2020, 02:55 PM