Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie'_mix Tommy Marcinek
(04-04-2020, 04:35 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Tom - thanks for mixing our track and sharing !

Nice mix - I enjoyed listening to it ! It wasn't recorded altogether, so yes, some blending is required. I can offer you some observations as I listen through:

The cymbals sound good. The overhead tracks are close to the cymbals, so some attention on them is needed. I like your snare sound and your drum reverb choice.

The bass guitar part cuts through nicely - I felt it's level in the bridge/quiet part was a bit high, but a subjective comment.

Highlight for me was your treatment of the lead guitar sections - those are my parts, so even higher compliments Smile

If you were mixing it for me, there are two key things I would point out. Heavy chorus guitars - they are low in the balance for my taste. It's a bit of a lost opportunity to bring the chorus in with a lot of impact (and especially on the first notes of the chorus - could be automated higher).

The second is the lead vocal reverb choice. It wasn't really warming to it - I get your point about the live feel, but maybe a bit less of that reverb and some use of delays - like you did on the lead guitar - would help in this regard. Totally a taste based/subjective comment, but one that I can offer as a stakeholder in the track.

Solid mix - enjoyed your mix vision/direction. Thanks for mixing our song again !

BR

Thomas

------------------
Thomas,

I posted another mix taking into account all your suggestions. I think it now much better represents what you were looking for. I am much happier with it now. Thanks for your suggestions......wanna always take the opportunity to makes things better/right.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nerve 9: 'Living Lie'_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 07-04-2020, 12:30 AM