Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You. . . again
Hi!

I decided to delete my initial comment as I wanted to spend a little more time with this mix... I felt I wanted to take more time to consider my thoughts properly. I figure you got the email notification though!

Basically I really don't think I understand the mix balance. To me the bass and snare dominate the guitars too much in the intro.

I feel the snare is too prominent during the chorus and to me it pushes the vocal back, when I feel I want the chorus vocal to come to the fore a bit more, compared to the verses? I think I get it that the snare is being used to add a bit more weight and excitement for the chorus, but maybe it's bit too forward? It really pushes the vocal back, especially so for the second half of the chorus to me. I think I feel the same for the guitar solo too? Not sure the snare should be the main focus? I dunno, I really feel I am missing something here perhaps? The breaths in the vocal were a touch loud for me also. The verses feel fine, but I'm not sure how it balances with the chorus and the solo bit. This mix has me really confused I think. Help!

Cheers!

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Alone With You. . . again - by loweche6 - 03-04-2020, 03:48 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by mikej - 05-04-2020, 01:39 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by loweche6 - 05-04-2020, 03:25 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by mikej - 05-04-2020, 04:25 AM