Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knockout master
Yo, like the second mix you did better than the first no doubt. The instrumental work is pretty drop,I just feel balance is a lgood though a little off at times. Would i be wrong in saying the area you focused on (wanted to be the focal point of the track ) was the beat especially the kick and the melody from the tuba? If my guess is right then I hope you forgive me for saying that I think a bit more focus on the vocals would have been more fitting. For axample verse 2 is way too low, i couldnt hear the rapper at all over the slamming kick. The eq thinned out the rap way too much, the rappers need more guts to make em own the track. (thats just what i think). I think you just need to rebalance your faders and maybe just do some gain staging to find an improved balanced. especially on the vocals of the verses.

Positives, the energy that you were hoping the track to have really does come through. I like that, espcially on the hook. The bv's on the hook are well hidden though still do their job. The kick treatment is pretty good, love the beef in the kick, it just needs to be balanced with vocals by that i mean the vocals (verses) need to come up in the mx.

Last tips.

Use a reference track bro, just to keep your mind thinking of where things should sit in relation to one another.
When i mix hip hop tracks, I can just have the kick hats , snare and bass playing with the bass and rap vocal alone. Thats where i start my balance because those elements are really the focal point of a hip hop mix (imho) but overall, I like what you have done so far.

Happy mixing Smile

Messages In This Thread
Knockout master - by kjell159 - 15-08-2013, 09:51 PM
RE: Knockout master - by thedon - 16-08-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Knockout master - by kjell159 - 16-08-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: Knockout master - by kjell159 - 16-08-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Knockout master - by muro382 - 30-08-2013, 08:34 AM