Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkride - Burning Bridges
(04-02-2020, 07:32 AM)LT808 Wrote: There is an annoying humming on the guitars i tried dealing with them without ripping the mid range apart. Got it fairly low
Really like those BV its kinda addictive
This would be my take on this feedback is welcome

When I mixed this I didn't notice any hum whatsoever on the guitars, for the most part everything was recorded very well, especially the vocals. Maybe it was something happening in your DAW or with your setup?

In any case, mixing another artists' work is really all about showcasing the band as they want/intend to sound first, and then perhaps balancing that with the sounds typical of the genre. You want it to standup against other similar recordings whilst preserving the band's original sound. Killswitch are unusual I would say in the metal genre, because they favour hi gain tones and amps more typical of the 80s than anything else. So the instincts of a mix engineer on hearing Burning Bridges would be to go with a Soilwork heavily processed type approach for the guitars. But Blitz had stated that he preferred a Van Halen'esque guitar sound.

The importance of this shouldn't be overlooked, as your mix is quite a competent one, but if you had been hired by the band, you could've found yourself starting from scratch again simply because it isn't what they wanted.

Messages In This Thread
Darkride - Burning Bridges - by LT808 - 04-02-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 04-02-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by LT808 - 04-02-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by StreetLethal - 07-02-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 07-02-2020, 07:30 PM