Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9 - PrayForTheRain (Sonic Alchemy Lab mix)
Hi Motomojo - thanks for mixing our track ! Some bold choices in there - there was an aspect of the phasor effect I really liked. The hesitation was on the arpeggiated chorus guitar, as the stereo movement felt a little distracting to me.

The bridge part was really cool too - I liked the aesthetic. Perhaps a little less limiting on your mix? I did find it seemed to be a bit heavy on the limiting.

Some minor observations - the high end of the keyboard was competing with the lead vocal in verse 2 for me - would be good to roll some of that off of the keys. Ride cymbal in the verses for me seemed a touch loud as well - poking out of the mix a bit. Lastly - during the guitar solo, the lead guitar felt a little buried next to the other instrumentation - this one may be more of a taste comment.

Thanks again for mixing the track - I appreciated your creative effects work, as it changed up the song a bit for me which was fun !

Cheers

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nerve9 - PrayForTheRain (Sonic Alchemy Lab mix) - by ThomasStevenson - 02-02-2020, 09:06 PM