Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompson - The English Actor
Hi,

Ok, Added version 1.0. Many thanks to Roy for his comments.

Not too sure why the original version was sounding as flat as it does. My first thoughts were that it would be the final limiter, as I was experimenting with some different settings with this mix, but that wasn't the culprit. I suspect it was more to do with the level of the synths in relation to the drums that was causing the issue, along with some rather conservative drum bus compression.

Anyway, I've tweaked the arrangement a little to add a bit of an introduction to the vocal. Drums have been made a little more dynamic. I've added some side-chaining to more of the synths and also made the movement a little more dynamic too. Few slight tweaks to levels and eq. I've also highlighted the guitar in the chorus too, in preference to the synth to add a bit more contrast. Oh, also lowered the volume of the vocal delays a couple of db too in the chorus as Roy suggested. I'm still happy with the tone though I think.

I feel it's sounding much better now?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Elder & Mark M Thompson - The English Actor - by mikej - 27-11-2019, 09:08 PM