Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios)
Hi!

Detailed and useful comments, many thanks!

Certainly motivates me to revisit this mix and try for a version 1.2.

Snare: I feel I can perhaps brighten it up a touch or something? I wanted it to be quite short in this track so I gated it, and I quite like it like that I think. Not sure if that is contributing to what you are describing as 'dead' sounding? I'll have to give it some more thought.

- I am with you on adding a just bit more snap to it. I feel I can certainly have a go at that anyway.

Yeah, I really didn't pick up on the snare/vocal thing, useful comments with the low mids, and hopefully something I'll remember to keep in mind for the future.

Vocals: It would seem I really buried the vocal delays! Not sure if that is a mistake on my part, as I do recall playing around and experimenting with different delays on this mix. Maybe I wasn't really feeling them at the time. You are right in saying that I should look to do something there, to make things a little more interesting.

BV's: Listening back today, I think I can understand what you want to be hearing. I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with. That might be part of the reason that I was having issues with the chorus perhaps too?

Overall brightness: I did actually do a fair bit of referencing, and I recall I did add a bit more to the upper mids (have to go back and check) so I thought it should be in the ballpark... Listening back now yeah, I think there is a bit of room (if that makes sense?) to add a touch more without any drama.

Thanks once again for your comments, much appreciated.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by mikej - 06-11-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by Roy - 21-11-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by mikej - 21-11-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by Roy - 21-11-2019, 06:37 PM