Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios)
Hi!

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment - much appreciated.

This was actually my second attempt at this track. I'm sorry to say that I deleted my post of my first go at this as I hated it so much! I generally try not to do this and leave all my different versions up, as sometimes it turns out the earlier versions were not quite as bad as I thought...

I've really not been all that happy with my mixes, and have felt I should be able to do better. I've recently been working at a few things and have changed my approach a fair bit. I've switched out some plugins, and have been experimenting with some different chains, etc. I think this was one of the first tracks I mixed trying to take a new approach to things. I've been trying to focus on mix balance and a few other things that I felt I was really struggling with.

I think I will revisit this mix and check out the snare/vocal issue you mentioned. I recall I found the vocal tone and verse/chorus dynamics quite a tough challenge, so it could well be the snare that was causing me problems. It's quite a full and ambitious arrangement, but it also has quite a bit of 'space' too, so quite tricky to mix.

I didn't really come close to the example mix. I can say though that for me this mix was a lot of fun, and was one of those mixes where I felt I learned quite a lot during the process that has helped me a lot in subsequent mixes. Even if the end result isn't quite where I wanted it, I feel I've managed to move things forward just a little.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by mikej - 06-11-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by mikej - 16-11-2019, 06:37 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by Roy - 21-11-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios) - by Roy - 21-11-2019, 06:37 PM