Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip the Beating Heart out of this mix with your Too Bear Hands
(24-09-2019, 02:14 AM)takka360 Wrote: Sounds really good,that snare sounds a bit sampled a bit too perfect and the bottom end is a bit too thick for me.The guitar,vox level seem fine to me.
The bass is where our ideas are different where you think i dont have enough and i think you have too much.A monitoring thing maybe

Thanks Alan! The snare has an ambiance sample only that is mainly sending to the reverb. I thickened up the bottom end of the snare using a parallel, low passed and distorted version of the recorded snare... just trying different things to see if I like it.

Good to know the vocals are intelligible... I'm always amazed at how someone like Eric Valentine manages to get the guitars so apparently loud on the Slash album, yet the vocal is perfectly intelligible beside them, but never dominates like on a country-pop track... That's usually the vibe I go for with guitars.

As I mentioned in the original post, it's been a while since I've done a serious mix, so I'm a bit rusty when judging low end. Usually I get fairly close at first try, but it took a couple of different versions and car stereo tests before I was close to happy with the low end here.

Referencing a Tchad Blake mix against my mix in the car definitely humbles me... nevertheless, I'm always trying to get a big fat low end that is still clean and does become bloated and muddy on my car speakers... it's tricky stuff!

...I'll keep working on it... Thanks for your input!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rip the Beating Heart out of this mix with your Too Bear Hands - by FytaKyte - 24-09-2019, 04:56 AM