Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Pills
This is totally a song where some amp noise is ok. I remember being religious about getting rid of amp noise and such but then I heard them leave in amp hum in a Weezer song. And it was great and since then realized those little noises give a sense of space on occasion. Also, I'm old.

Yeah, I do like the overall tightness of the dynamics of the song. Ok, maybe it's a little too compressed overall but it doesn't bother me that much. I think it polishes up the track in a good way. I do agree that there is some harshness. I find it more on the vocals than the guitars but I think it depends on the guitar parts at the time. They do feel like they have extra distortion or saturation on them at the top. The vocal could use some de-essing and feels pretty midrangy. It does give the vocal a sense of volume and helps it cut but it'd be nice if the vocal felt bigger, but not louder against the band. Like the vocal feels the biggest when he speaks that one section near the end. The drums and bass work totally but also feel a little drowned out by the guitars. I wouldn't say it's a M/S thing but a guitar vs drums issue and the vocal eq'd in a way to fit in. Maybe, and I don't know if this will help or if it's any different from how you did things but I think getting a drum/bass mix, then bring in the vocals and then have the guitars fill in the gaps might have things balance out differently. Give the vocals the importance. Not just by volume but in size. Just a thought.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Happy Pills - by Retchid Gretchin - 24-08-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: Happy Pills - by LightYearRecords11 - 25-08-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Roy - 26-08-2019, 06:15 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Retchid Gretchin - 26-08-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Roy - 26-08-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Retchid Gretchin - 27-08-2019, 07:14 AM
RE: Happy Pills - by Roy - 27-08-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Retchid Gretchin - 27-08-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Happy Pills - by Roy - 27-08-2019, 07:29 PM