Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
#50 Howlin - What did you say about Robert Pattinson? Take it back!
(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: The piano has some distortion that's distracting and that should be fixed.

Can't remember if I put any on it, the original arrangement was fully beat driven from the top and piano, just like everything else, was always kinda masked and probably never meant to sound isolated. Maybe it wasn't wise to spotlight it like that but still I just fancied to do some editing.

(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I'm assuming it isn't an acoustic piano. Pan it narrower or just pick a side.

Very unlikely to be the real thing, indeed. And yes, life was better when I just made things mono; I should leave the phase allignement stuff to the pros at least till I'm sure I can write it right!

(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: The vocal gets a bit harsh in the 2-3k region when she pushes or the bgvs stack together.

Yep, LV came in different tracks for the verses and chorus, but that's not excuse, it's very metallic sounding and contrast with the verse makes it worse.

(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It doesn't sound like 90 tracks.

I'd say 20 tracks were one-and-done-like foleys (you know, reversed cymbals, thunders and booooms made of several layers), then 3/4 kicks, same for snares, hats... so it was never gonna sound 90 tracks-like and I dropped half of it anyway.

Thanks, I really appreciate the indepth opinion, Roy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: #50 Howlin - What did you say about Robert Pattinson? Take it back! - by Deliza - 19-07-2019, 07:37 PM