Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel a "Little Bit Lighter"
(09-07-2019, 12:23 AM)NewtonThomas Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 03:06 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: How do you like the Harrison DAW? I've tried it but I'm still a big fan of StudioOne.

There's some things that are kind of friendly to former physical console users but some of those things don't translate to the screen well - particularly a smaller one. The eq section in each channel is kind of tiny to deal with unless you have a mega-screen... There may be a way to pop up each channel to a larger size to deal with that but I haven't figured that one out yet. They seem to be kind of giving away the base software cheap and want to nickel and dime you with plug ins. They blacklisted some of the base Reaper plugins...I think that's just to sort of force you to buy theirs...can't really believe that Reaper's gate should be blacklisted. There's a compressor on every channel -which I'm wondering how it figures out the right params ... but so far I have used it on some very different things and it's been ok...
I had been using ProTools for the longest and tried Reaper which is pretty nice.

So my first question would be, are you moving away from ProTools or just taking a break?

My next question would be, have you tried StudioOne (being that I am user!)? I know a lot of people who would recoil from the mention of S1 but if you are an analogue guy in a digital world, it really presents a great interface. I have found it very intuitive and the native plugins are fine, although the one with the most toys, wins which S1 accommodates well (not sure about reaper plugins).

I tried Harrison a few years back and would agree with your assessment of it. The plugin limitations were the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I have only glimpsed at Reapor and FL Studio and have a version of ProTools I can run, but ProTools is just counter-intuitive for me, or I have a block on it and can't see the AVID forest through my trees.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by NewtonThomas - 04-07-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by Roy - 06-07-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by kjedrusiak - 07-07-2019, 01:21 AM
RE: I feel a "Little Bit Lighter" - by Mixinthecloud - 09-07-2019, 02:07 AM