Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Crazy Eyes
It's fairly early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so who knows how accurate I'll be but I'll though out some gut reactions.
Overall it's pretty good. There's a couple of minor things that jump out at me. It's a fairly thick sounding mix but I think that works for a live song like this. I think it might be too wet and that might be effecting clarity.

The low end feels good but I kinda wish the bass guitar was more defined. The toms could be thinned, they're too fat in the low-mid region.

I think the mandolin could come out. I know I wasn't a fan of it or its tone but it feel buried, especially in the solo and that's one of the few things that a casual, non-audio person will notice. They don't care much about tone but get bothered by quiet solos. And don't even get me started about musicians. So feel free to put it out front. Yeah, it's your job to make it sound (as good as you can) but it's not your fault it's a mandolin. The electric guitar is occasionally peaky. Is it the source of the noise in the bridge?

The vocals sound good. Nothing to complain about there which is the most important thing. I like the effects. Subtle but adds some ear candy.

Good job. Hope that helps.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 25-04-2019, 12:31 PM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 26-04-2019, 09:09 AM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 27-04-2019, 04:36 AM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Roy - 27-04-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 28-04-2019, 02:05 AM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Mixinthecloud - 28-04-2019, 05:40 AM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 29-04-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: Digital Only Crazy Eyes - by Quathamer - 29-04-2019, 02:11 PM