Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands
Yeah I think you are on the money with the reverb/chamber/overheads, etc.

I've just switched them all off and the mix suddenly has more clarity and space.... who'd have thought...

Doesn't sound that bad actually. I can now hear that gives me a lot more space in the mix to work on eq, etc to fill out each element without the masking effect of all the reverb.

I can then ease the chamber/overheads and other reverb sends back in at a more appropriate level.

Aside from the chamber I had reverb sends on the kick/snare bottom and vocal. I suspect I might find I don't need it, or certainly not as much.

I'm already employing gating, bus compression, etc. It's a good suggestion though to help get more punch, etc.

I'm really not shy with eq (which I think did get me in to trouble when the inital balance was off...).

I didn't think I was over using the master bus - I've only got very light eq for a bit of top and bottom, prob 1 db gain reduction on the comp at 1.5:1 and then the limiter. Probably limiting all that reverb... I guess I will find out!

Ok, I'll revisit this and get another revision up when I have some progress to report!

Many thanks for taking the time, it's appreciated.

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 21-04-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 22-04-2019, 04:35 AM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 22-04-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 23-04-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 23-04-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 24-04-2019, 02:26 AM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 24-04-2019, 11:09 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 25-04-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by mikej - 27-04-2019, 01:51 AM