Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix
Well, those drums sound pretty neat to me, with a natural and vintagish feel, thou the wide stereo gives them a modern sound. Definitely the better part of the mix.
Piano has a nice sound and ring, but I don't think the stero width suits it for this tune. Studio creations doesn't make a lot of sense for classic combos like this, only thing that makes sense to me is going for a live sound, mostly experienced from the audience. The width of the drums is aceptable, because even thou as a member of the audience you'll never hear the drums as stereo, you can see the drummer dooing different things with her arms and kinda reconstruct the playing in your head and "feel" as stereo. But I don't see that happening with the piano, specially 'cos it's usually placed so it gives the profile to the audience and the sound comes to them as basically one sound source, thus mono or almost mono works better, IMO.

Bass could use some more round lowend and some more love, because the slappy noises get to be annoying.

Drums are the hardest part of most mixes for me, so kudos anyway because it's a very good starting point, welcome and keep on!

Messages In This Thread
Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by jawrmusic - 23-02-2019, 07:48 AM
RE: Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by Deliza - 20-03-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by Deliza - 26-03-2019, 07:55 PM