Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (tucks Mix)
Hi there,

Mike asked to provide some background information and screenshots for the mixes that made it into the end round. So here we go with some screenshots first. The project was done in Logic Pro X.

I only want to provide some key points right now, because it's been a long day. Maybe someday when I feel like doing it I will create a short video-walkthrough.

Drums:
Basically these are the raw tracks with some time alignment and some parallel compression with a CLA-76. Except for the snare which is additionally triggered both in the rim-click section and when it is played normally. As you have read, I had some struggles to make this a smooth add-on. In the final mix I used an Expander on the sample channel that is Side-Chained by the original Snare track to get the dynamics of the original track.

Percussion:
Nothing special.

Claps: Compression + Little Microshift to thicken things up.

Bass:
That was a tricky one. Lot's of plugins with each adding a little bit over overtones (BOD, SPL Vitalizer, True Iron) to make it more present in the upper bass frequencies. iZotope RX7 De-Click to get rid of some of the noise.

Guitars:
Unspectacular, just some compression, delay, reverb. Spent some time with the attack and release times on the compression to make the offbeat-guitar "swing".

Vocals:
iZotope RX Breath Control and De-plosive to make some unwanted sounds vanish. Besides that some standard compression and equalizing (Fabfilter EQ and BSS DPR-402 compression). Maag EQ4 Air band for some heights and additional some Apex. Fabfilter DeEsser.

Backing Vocals:
Little Microsoft for expansion, Fabfilter EQ, Waves Compressor

Whistle: Melodyne to get the whistles into tune, RX Breath Control to remove some breathing and Fabfilter Pro-Q3 and some Reverb. I really don't know why Mike thinks I've added some Out-Of-Speaker effect, because I didn't ;-)

Bus effects:
TC VSS3 for natural ambience
Valhalla Vintage Verb for some more pronounced reverbs
H-Reverb for the long reverb shots
Fabfilter Pro-R form some more natural reverbs
Logic Pro X Stock Delays for some special effects

Master Channel:
Ozone 8 for some instant mastering and FF Pro-L2 as the final peak limiter.

I will also provide the logic file to Mike for anybody that is interested.

Regards
Tobias

Thumbnail(s)

http://www.theta-tontechnik.de
MacPro 5,1 - Logic Pro X - ProTools - REAPER

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (tucks Mix) - by tucks - 06-03-2019, 08:01 PM