Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Stand - by MixInTheCloud
Sweet sweet sounding horns! Also, bass/kick works really well. I know they are often adviced to be one above the other, but I like it more your way, so the kick hit reinforces the bass note without calling attention on itself. To me, those are the highlights of this tasty no-nonsense mix.

I don't care that much for the too detailed percussion. That microscope approach makes it feel like the guy is not giving it all. I think this part could bring more energy and tension way masked under other parts, so it feels like it is fighting to cut thru, if that makes sense.

(07-02-2019, 03:02 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I found it difficult to breathe a lot of excitement into this arrangement.

If you are too respectful of this recording and performance, it kinda ends up feeling too much comfy and relaxed. Maybe some lively reverb on the snare and a more prominent and nastier guitar treatment could help to bring some bite?

(07-02-2019, 03:02 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Oddly enough, the offset of the trombone offers an interesting call and response to the horn section.[/font][/size]

If not for the drums bleed, which makes it unlistenable. But yeah, you might almost think it was intentional.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Last Stand - by MixInTheCloud - by Deliza - 07-02-2019, 04:50 PM
RE: The Last Stand - by MixInTheCloud - by kapu - 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM
RE: The Last Stand - by MixInTheCloud - by kapu - 09-02-2019, 05:27 AM
RE: The Last Stand - by MixInTheCloud - by Roy - 08-02-2019, 10:01 PM