Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (mixing contest)
(18-01-2019, 11:27 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: Hi Darek -- and thanks for delivering one of the most creatively rearranged mixes so far!
[...]
Apologies for my rambling on for so long, but these less tangible issues of 'client psychology' are often the hardest things to explain in writing. Furthermore, I don't want the length of my response to imply that I hate what you've done. Far from it, in fact, because I'm delighted that you've given us all the opportunity to ponder so many new and inventive arrangement ideas. Indeed, I'm sure I won't be the only person listening to your mix who thinks "I wish I'd done that!" on at least a couple of occasions! Thanks for all your great work on this!

First, thank you for taking the time to write all this, you went far and beyond of what I was expecting Smile I especially appreciate spending the time to present your feedback the way you did – it is one thing to know what is wrong with a mix, it is another to convey it understandably and not offend anybody involved in the process.

I’m glad you don’t hate my mix. Of course, I can’t fail to notice your careful word choice throughout. Well, if there is anything for me to say: independent of what led me to that mix outcome, I’m guilty as charged Big Grin

I will use this wonderful opportunity to learn as much as I can Smile (and if I will stand by some of my rearrangement decisions – that's because I still think that all the mixing contest info available and most importantly the raw multitracks themselves *encourage* rearrangement).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (mixing contest) - by dtldarek - 21-01-2019, 01:34 PM