Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living In The City - first mix for years... (and what a great track!)
(05-01-2019, 02:12 AM)Deliza Wrote: My favourite drumkit sound on this tune at the moment, especially snare and toms, they have tons of character and just sound album like! Organ fits perfectly, as well as bass thou it might do with some more mids definition but it works beautifully as it is anyway. Very well placed vocal too, even if that slap delay might be a little too posh (mostly because of it being stereo). I'd say punchy this mix definitely is!

Full, well maybe not so much, thou. Main guitar is pretty low, making the choruses kinda shy. I almost can imagine the drummer feeling a little lonely without that street riot backing him, when the guitar player lets loose. Give that sweet axe some dBs up and you can drop the mic! This mix deserves that final push.

Cheers for the feedback! Yeah, you're right about the guitars - I was fiddling with the their levels right to the end, and ended up leaving them too low due to my love of the drums!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Living In The City - first mix for years... (and what a great track!) - by laurieharrison - 07-01-2019, 03:29 PM