Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (Patron Member) - Post MS Comment Competition Final
(06-01-2019, 02:54 AM)ayite96 Wrote: great mix!! the percussion seems like it's dancing in the stereo field which is a good thing. However may be a little loud Smile

Could also use more bass during the chorus.

Thanks for this observation. I opted to focus on a steady beat and placing some focus on the rhythmic character of the rim, snare, HH, Congas, and kick... I believe different listeners may focus on different details of a mix, the percussion in this song have quite a dynamic performance on its own.. I wanted to try to make even the performance of the HH/congas to be audible enough to hear all of their dynamic nuances.

The chorus mix decision here offers up a few additional parts not in the original stems and tries to keep all objects clear and the musicalities audible...

Its possible to nudge objects in the mix to specific feels of course.. my goal here was to nail at least a 95% of a release level result for purposes of the contest post.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (Patron Member) - by Digitaldruglord - 06-01-2019, 10:51 PM