Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backroom In Tulsa - mix by Olli H
Great song, great performance, great everything, except annoying noises in acoustic solo guitar. Good challenge, good practice.

First I made mix without listening the original, and after that I checked/stole some arrangement ideas that I had missed from it.

Most of the time I spent with drums, trying to find level, pans and space balance without EQ or other effects. For some reason I went for wide and far drum sound, although that's somewhat contradictory idea in itself.

Everything else came quite quickly after that. I used some automation to bring up the interesting fills here and there.

Although acoustic guitar mic had some noises, I still wanted to bring it up more than amped versions of it. I felt that amped guitar didn't bring any new sonic elements to the song. And anyway, unpolished elements are not necessarily bad in this song.

The low end has some rumbling problems. I tried to fix them, but the fixed version was more boring, so I decided to leave the rumble. So I left that problem to mastering engineer. Smile

.mp3    back-room-in-tulsa-mix-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Backroom In Tulsa - mix by Olli H - by Olli H - 19-07-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Backroom In Tulsa - mix by Olli H - by thedon - 19-07-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Backroom In Tulsa - mix by Olli H - by sano - 20-07-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Backroom In Tulsa - mix by Olli H - by Olli H - 23-07-2013, 07:14 AM