Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom McKenzie - Directions, jzquantum mix
(17-07-2013, 11:33 PM)jzquantum Wrote:
(17-07-2013, 08:37 PM)Olli H Wrote: In the beginning the acoustic guitar alone is too thin.

Actually, I think overall sound is too high frequency dominated. As balances seem to be otherwise ok throughout the song, I'm expecting that you may have a problem with your monitors/headphones. For example if your monitors are not neutral but little bit dull with high end, you easily try to compensate that with your mixing decisions. That is to say: in your system everything sound ok, but with others it sound thin.

Just guessing, it's always worthwhile to check the room and monitor problems.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I have Mackie mr8 monitors, and krk 8400 headphones. And I just learned that my hearing, although normal, drops off a little bit at about 8 kHz.

What do you think about my Mackie monitors?

I will agree with Olli about hi end, is way to much!

Dont bother on taking the best monitors (first there are no best monitors and second the room is far more important)
Now, i would try to learn how i hear in my room with my monitors and my ears, for me thats the road, of course you will upgrade when you can, we all do, bat if you learn to hear your favourite music there and understand your limitations you can do great mixes there!
Just practice, and if you dont have any treatment in your room go for that, and adjust low end on headphones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom McKenzie - Directions, jzquantum mix - by gopener - 18-07-2013, 07:01 AM