Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amber Skye - Howlin' (ONITB mix)
Very good mix. I like it. But I think it's a little dark to my taste. I wish there is a little more top end to the mix. That would make it sound awesome, brightens up the mix a bit and, perhaps bc of it, the mix would be clearer. I'm not sure about my hearing presently, but I think the snare and the kick in the beginning is a little loud relative to the vocal. And the kick carries some weird lo-mid resonant robbing your mix of its clarity. I also hear a little bit of that in your piano (maybe HP to trim out the fat?) But the vocal is really well pampered. Very skillful. I think I hear some tape sat on the top end of the vocal and some faint delay. That provides some top end to your mix but not enough, imho. Around 3:30-on, again, imho, the main driving force lies in the "Arp." When they kick in (3:42) the gated synths drive the song forward giving it the "exciting climax" (good lord, yep, that too, if it comes to it Smile) thus saving the whole song. Yet I hear it only faintly in yours. Btw, where are the hi-hats? (could this be the effect of a lungful of sweet California flowers on my part? Who knows?) the 16th notes playing (or is it 32nd? Wink) You can pull some top end to your mix by bringing the hats up in the mix, you know. Good job, nevertheless!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amber Skye - Howlin' (ONITB mix) - by SonicTramp - 11-11-2018, 07:53 AM