Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'
(03-11-2018, 12:43 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Yeah, I'd aslo try Bark of Dog 2 and see how it reacts around 40-50 and 60-80 HZ, see if it helps. Looks like your kick needs a little "ooomph" down there. For bigness, not loudness.

The other thing I usually do when the kick sounds like this is checking out the overheads and summing the low end to mono. I usually grab IK's Quad Image for this, since it's a multiband widener (and shrinker), but I don't know if there's a free alternative. In this mix, I summed the low end from around 280Hz and below of the track named "09_MainMics", wich is like an overhead + room hybrid track, so it has a lot of low end info, and it's stereo. It's like night and day for the kick. Try doing this before adding more frequencies with maxx bass or BoD2, and remember to check out the polarity once again afterwards.

Oh!! I just thought about Dubcenter or Fathom5. That could work but also mess everything up big time. Maybe as a last resort, or just for fun, but beware!! Big Grin

Good info Octo, I already threw maxxbass on it and came out with some nice results, but before I post I want to try the alternatives you mentioned
Thanks
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed' - by KMuzic - 31-10-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed' - by kapu - 01-11-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed' - by KMuzic - 03-11-2018, 12:50 PM